7 Tips Small Business Advertising Online Using Google Ad words
Online advertising has become a staple for many small businesses. Because no other form of advertising has been able to provide a more complete strategy for marketing a small business than a well defined advertising campaign using online strategies. Many small companies start with pay per click advertising campaigns such as Google’s Ad words, but often find themselves either unimpressed with the results or dramatically over budget on their initial campaign, and rarely make the attempt to try again.
Many times however, the fault lies with the small business owner, too many keywords, no strategy and no research are the typical culprits in a failed pay per click advertising campaign. But the business owner can’t take all the blame; he has a business to run. He has never had to be as intimately involved in his advertising before.
And the advertising networks have as much culpability in a small business owner’s failure to be successful as the business owner himself. You see, Google, Yahoo and Microsoft don’t really get into the nuts and bolts of how to create a successful campaign, and there are strategic components within the network that are often hidden from users or not made available to the general public. The secret sauce if you will that that would help even master pay per click advertisers improve their campaigns much less new users.
But there is plenty of upside, no other marketing platform has given the small business owner the opportunity to compete and win against the major corporations with million dollar ad budgets like PPC advertising has, you just have to do your homework. Here are a few quick tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your campaign.
1. Using pay per click advertising is going to find the exact target customer who will buy your product, just make sure you give him what he wants on the landing page you sent him to from your add Nothing will turn off a prospective customer more than going to a page that has nothing to do with the reason they click the ad.
2. You only want to bid on keywords that are the most relevant to your company’s products or services.
3. The more relevant you make the keyword, the higher your conversion ratio will be.
4. Use an 800 number in the body of your ad to save yourself a few dollars on click through.
5. The difference between a successful campaign and a failure will be a direct result of the effort you put in prior to the campaign launch so your homework and learn the program.
6. If you don’t have the time, then let someone else do it for you. At the end of the day making the right choices for your online advertising will come down to what provides your company with the highest ROI.
7. Whatever you choose to do to market your company make sure you are tracking the results because you can’t manage what you don’t track.
Seven strong ways to increase your conversion and help move the needle on your online advertising campaign for your small business.